What questions should I ask about Medicare for a transplant?

Questions you should ask about Medicare for a transplant include:
  • How do I apply for Medicare?
  • Is there a waiting period before I receive benefits?
  • What happens if I’m denied Medicare?
  • Will having savings accounts effect my qualifying for Medicare?
In order to appropriately answer your questions or concerns regarding these benefits, contact your local Social Security Administration. It is through this office you will be assessed, reviewed and provided your Medicare benefits.

If you receive disability benefits (i.e., a Social Security disability benefits) you will automatically be enrolled in Medicare two years later.

Medicare does not cover 100% of charges in most situations. It is important to consider your options related to obtaining a Medicare Supplement or Medi-Gap policy.

Continue Learning about Medicare

5 Ways Medicare Has Changed in 50 Years
5 Ways Medicare Has Changed in 50 Years
It has been 50 years since President Lyndon Johnson signed a health insurance program for older Americans into law on July 30, 1965. Medicare continue...
Is there any aid available to help me pay for Medicare?
You bet. There are a number of programs that help you pay for Medicare, if you’re eligible. Here’s a...
Where can I find information on Medicare benefits for people with MS?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
Individuals disabled by multiple sclerosis (MS) are eligible to receive Medicare benefits. Medicare ...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?