What questions should I ask about Medicare for a transplant?

Questions you should ask about Medicare for a transplant include:
  • How do I apply for Medicare?
  • Is there a waiting period before I receive benefits?
  • What happens if I’m denied Medicare?
  • Will having savings accounts effect my qualifying for Medicare?
In order to appropriately answer your questions or concerns regarding these benefits, contact your local Social Security Administration. It is through this office you will be assessed, reviewed and provided your Medicare benefits.

If you receive disability benefits (i.e., a Social Security disability benefits) you will automatically be enrolled in Medicare two years later.

Medicare does not cover 100% of charges in most situations. It is important to consider your options related to obtaining a Medicare Supplement or Medi-Gap policy.

Continue Learning about Medicare

What to Consider When Shopping for Medicare Coverage
Between October 15 and December 7, Medicare’s annual open enrollment period, millions of Medicare beneficiaries have a chance to make changes to their...
What is the history of Medicare?
Medicare evolved from a request by Harry Truman for Congress to create a national health plan. As a ...
Who do I call for Medicare billing questions?
You can call the Medicare helpline for questions about billing. The number is 1-800-633-4227. Good l...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?