What questions should I ask about Medicare Supplements for a transplant?

Questions you should ask when looking into Medicare Supplements for a transplant:
  • Will this policy pay the hospital deductible?
  • How expensive is this policy?
  • Are there assistance programs to help purchase these plans?
  • Can I be denied a Medicare Supplement policy?
It is important to consider your options related to obtaining a Medicare Supplement or Medi-Gap policy. Medicare does not cover 100% of charges in most transplant situations. Medicare usually pays hospitals and healthcare providers on a fixed fee schedule. You will have hospital deductibles and many other expenses not covered by Medicare.

Continue Learning about Medicare

How to Protect Yourself Against Common Medicare Scams
It's that time of year again when the nation's 54 million Medicare beneficiaries have the chance to swap Medicare Advantage and Part D prescription dr...
How much does Medicare prescription drug coverage cost?
According to the Kaiser Family Foundation, the average monthly premium is about $40.72. But the co...
How does Medicare work with AARP?
Medicare and the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) work together like the YOU Docs who ...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?