How do I know what part of my care is covered under Medicare?

You will know what part of your care is covered under Medicare by reviewing your Evidence of Coverage (EOC). It specifies exactly which services are covered under Medicare, how to get your services and how much you can expect to pay for them. It also contains information about your rights, benefits and responsibilities, coverage determination, filing an appeal, or grievances.

Once a year, around fall, you should receive your Annual Notice of Change (ANOC). The ANOC includes changes in coverage, costs, or service area. Medicare coverage and costs change each year, so review both booklets carefully to stay abreast of updates.

If you have any other questions, contact Medicare or your specific Medicare-approved company.

Continue Learning about Medicare

A Last-Minute Guide to Shopping for Medicare
Medicare’s annual open enrollment period is about to come to a close. December 7 is your final chance to change from one Medicare Advantage or prescri...
What if I have not worked long enough to qualify for Medicare?
AARPAARP
If you are 65 or older, you can buy into Medicare by paying a premium for Part A hospital insurance....
What is the history of Medicare?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
The Medicare idea grew out of the movement for government health and retirement insurance that led t...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?