How do I know what part of my care is covered under Medicare?

You will know what part of your care is covered under Medicare by reviewing your Evidence of Coverage (EOC). It specifies exactly which services are covered under Medicare, how to get your services and how much you can expect to pay for them. It also contains information about your rights, benefits and responsibilities, coverage determination, filing an appeal, or grievances.

Once a year, around fall, you should receive your Annual Notice of Change (ANOC). The ANOC includes changes in coverage, costs, or service area. Medicare coverage and costs change each year, so review both booklets carefully to stay abreast of updates.

If you have any other questions, contact Medicare or your specific Medicare-approved company.

Continue Learning about Medicare

What to Consider When Shopping for Medicare Coverage
Between October 15 and December 7, Medicare’s annual open enrollment period, millions of Medicare beneficiaries have a chance to make changes to their...
Can I sign up for Medicare Part D at any time?
Not really. You can sign up for Medicare Part D (prescription drug coverage) when you first beco...
Why find out the treatments your policy considers experimental?
Before you sign up for a health insurance plan, you should ask do some research on the insurance com...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?