What is the Welcome to Medicare physical exam?

The Welcome to Medicare physical exam is a one-time preventive physical exam. You can get one during the first 12 months after you enroll in Medicare Part B (Medicare insurance).

The Welcome to Medicare exam focuses on prevention and involves a thorough medical history, physical exam, and screenings such as cancer. You can also get your vaccinations updated.

Bring a list of prescription drugs that you take, along with immunization records and your medical history.

Your doctor may also discuss end-of-life planning to make sure family and friends know your final requests.

Continue Learning about Medicare

How to Protect Yourself Against Common Medicare Scams
It's that time of year again when the nation's 54 million Medicare beneficiaries have the chance to swap Medicare Advantage and Part D prescription dr...
Can I sign up for Medicare Part D at any time?
AARPAARP
If you are newly eligible for Medicare, you can enroll in a Medicare prescription drug plan up to th...
Can a cash windfall affect my Medicare eligibility?
AARPAARP
No. If you suddenly become better off through an inheritance or a payoff from a lucky investment or ...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?