What is the Welcome to Medicare physical exam?

The Welcome to Medicare physical exam is a one-time preventive physical exam. You can get one during the first 12 months after you enroll in Medicare Part B (Medicare insurance).

The Welcome to Medicare exam focuses on prevention and involves a thorough medical history, physical exam, and screenings such as cancer. You can also get your vaccinations updated.

Bring a list of prescription drugs that you take, along with immunization records and your medical history.

Your doctor may also discuss end-of-life planning to make sure family and friends know your final requests.

Continue Learning about Medicare

Open Enrollment 2015: What Medicare Beneficiaries Need to Know
Medicare beneficiaries may have noticed their mailboxes are filling with brochures and packets from health insurance companies. That’s because the ope...
How do I know if I’m eligible for Medicare?
You are eligible for Medicare if you are a U.S. citizen, 65 or over who had paid into Medicare f...
Who can I call for help with my Medicare application?
You can call your local Social Security office or your State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SH...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?