What is Medicare Select?

Can you accept some restrictions on your care? If so, Medicare Select is a Medigap policy that limits the providers you can see. Costs can be lower than with standard Medigap policies because Medicare Select policies cover services only at certain hospitals and through specific doctors. Your state insurance department can tell you if there are Medicare Select plans in your state and give you more information about them.

Continue Learning about Medicare

10 Things You Need to Know About Medicare
Maximizing Medicare Medicare pays for much of the cost of hospital stays and doctor’s office visits for people ages 65 and older. This 50-year-old gov...
Can I sign up for Medicare Part D at any time?
Not really. You can sign up for Medicare Part D (prescription drug coverage) when you first beco...
How do I choose a Medicare health plan?
Anne FabinyAnne Fabiny
Depending on where you live, Medicare options may be overwhelming or relatively few. Before research...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?