What is Medicare Part C?

Medicare Part C plans, also known as Medicare Advantage plans, are Medicare-approved plans offered by private insurance companies. Part C plans are an alternative to Original Medicare. Along with covering doctors and hospitals, they often cover prescription drugs, too.

Part D plans are Medicare-approved private plans that help people who have Parts A and B to pay for prescription drugs.

Continue Learning about Medicare

How Medicare Part D Has Changed in 10 Years
Retirees gained the option to purchase prescription drug coverage through Medicare Part D in 2006. Since then, 24 million people have enrolled in pres...
What changes are being made to Medigap plans?
AARPAARP
Changes to Medigap policies in the 2010 came about from a law that was passed in 2008: the Medicare ...
Is there anyone I can talk to about my specific Medicare eligibility needs?
Yes. You can make an appointment with a Social Security representative at your local office by cal...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?