What is Medicare Part A?

Medicare Part A helps to pay bills for medical care provided in hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, hospices (for people who are terminally ill), and, in some cases, your home. Generally, people covered by Medicare get Part A. You will pay deductibles and coinsurance.

For more information on Medicare, call the Medicare hotline at 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227). For a more detailed explanation of Med­icare, ask for a free copy of the Medicare & You handbook and check out the Medicare Plan Finder at www.medicare.gov.

Continue Learning about Medicare

How to Pick the Right Medicare Part D Plan for You
If you're just reaching Medicare age, you might be surprised to find out that traditional Medicare doesn't cover prescription drugs. As drug costs ros...
How can I enroll in Medigap insurance coverage?
You can enroll in Medicare and any supplemental Medicare plans when you file for retirement or disab...
Do I need to present my Medicare membership card at each doctor visit?
Just like with any insurance you have or have had, you will need to present your Medicare membership...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?