What can I do if I am not on a Medicare Part B plan for a transplant?

Transplant recipients not eligible for Medicare Part B will have access to immunosuppressive and non-immunosuppressive drugs through the Medicare Part D program (if a plan in your region has a drug formulary that includes immunosuppressive drugs). In the event that a plan in your region has a drug formulary that includes immunosuppressive drugs, transplant recipients will still incur monthly premiums, a yearly deductible, as well as significant coverage limits.

Continue Learning about Medicare

How to Pick the Right Medicare Part D Plan for You
If you're just reaching Medicare age, you might be surprised to find out that traditional Medicare doesn't cover prescription drugs. As drug costs ros...
What factors should I consider when choosing a Medicare health plan?
Anne FabinyAnne Fabiny
Here are some factors to consider when choosing a Medicare health plan. Be aware that plan costs can...
How do I know if I’m eligible for Medicare?
You are eligible for Medicare if you are a U.S. citizen, 65 or over who had paid into Medicare f...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?