What are the types of Medicare prescription drug coverage?

The types of Medicare prescription drug coverage include Medicare prescription drug plans (Part D) and Medicare advantage plans. Prescription drug plans add drug coverage to original Medicare and private fee for service plans. Medicare advantage plans are sold by private companies and certain ones include coverage for prescription drugs.

The plans vary in cost and coverage, so do some research and try to find one that best meets your needs.

Continue Learning about Medicare

What to Consider When Shopping for Medicare Coverage
Between October 15 and December 7, Medicare’s annual open enrollment period, millions of Medicare beneficiaries have a chance to make changes to their...
What if I have not worked long enough to qualify for Medicare?
If you have not worked long enough to qualify for Medicare, you will need to file for Social Securit...
Can I get my “Welcome to Medicare” exam done anytime after enrollment?
You can get your “Welcome to Medicare” exam done anytime after you enroll in Medicare, but Medic...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?