What if I miss the Medicare enrollment window?

You can enroll later if you miss your initial enrollment window, but you may face penalties. The best time to sign up for Medicare is during the three months before your 65th birthday, so everything will be in place and you can begin receiving benefits.

Continue Learning about Medicare

5 Ways Medicare Has Changed in 50 Years
5 Ways Medicare Has Changed in 50 Years
It has been 50 years since President Lyndon Johnson signed a health insurance program for older Americans into law on July 30, 1965. Medicare continue...
What factors should I consider when choosing a Medicare health plan?
Anne FabinyAnne Fabiny
Here are some factors to consider when choosing a Medicare health plan. Be aware that plan costs can...
What are the different types of Medicare?
There are two types of Medicare: Original Medicare and Medicare Advantage. Here’s how they diffe...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?