What if I miss the Medicare enrollment window?

You can enroll later if you miss your initial enrollment window, but you may face penalties. The best time to sign up for Medicare is during the three months before your 65th birthday, so everything will be in place and you can begin receiving benefits.

Continue Learning about Medicare

How Medicare Part D Has Changed in 10 Years
Retirees gained the option to purchase prescription drug coverage through Medicare Part D in 2006. Since then, 24 million people have enrolled in pres...
What if I cannot afford to pay for my prescriptions?
Joane GoodroeJoane Goodroe
If you cannot pay for your prescriptions, the most important thing to do is talk to your physician. ...
Does Medicare cover chiropractic care?
Medicare Part B (medical insurance) pays for basic chiropractic care, or manipulation of the spi...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?