What's the Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act?

The Medicare Prescription Drug Improvement and Modernization Act (also known as the Medicare Modernization Act -- MMA) is the largest re-vamping of Medicare since its creation in the 1960s. It added prescription drug and preventative healthcare benefits to Medicare and expanded and renamed Part C, now known as Medicare Advantage.

Continue Learning about Medicare

What to Consider When Shopping for Medicare Coverage
Between October 15 and December 7, Medicare’s annual open enrollment period, millions of Medicare beneficiaries have a chance to make changes to their...
What happens to my younger spouse when I go on Medicare at age 65?
AARPAARP
The best option for your spouse, frankly, is for you to work longer—if this is at all possible—so th...
Is there anyone I can talk to about my specific Medicare eligibility needs?
Yes. You can make an appointment with a Social Security representative at your local office by cal...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?