Will Medicare let me keep my drug coverage with my employer?

Medicare will let you keep your drug coverage with your former employer. In essence, you could double up on coverage and in theory have all of your prescription costs met.

Compare your current drug coverage to what you’d get with Medicare. If what you have is more comprehensive and covers more than Medicare, perhaps you should stay put. If you later decide to switch to Medicare drug coverage, you shouldn’t have to pay a late enrollment penalty.

Expect the cost and coverage of your Medicare plan to change each year, so compare the coverage with what you currently have to make sure you have the best coverage at the lowest cost.

Continue Learning about Medicare

5 Ways Medicare Has Changed in 50 Years
5 Ways Medicare Has Changed in 50 Years
It has been 50 years since President Lyndon Johnson signed a health insurance program for older Americans into law on July 30, 1965. Medicare continue...
When can I file an appeal to a Medicare claim?
If you are filing an appeal to an Original Medicare (Part A or B) claim, you must file within 120 da...
Where can I find Medicare eligibility rules?
You can get Medicare eligibility rules from the Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?