Will Medicare let me keep my drug coverage with my employer?

Medicare will let you keep your drug coverage with your former employer. In essence, you could double up on coverage and in theory have all of your prescription costs met.

Compare your current drug coverage to what you’d get with Medicare. If what you have is more comprehensive and covers more than Medicare, perhaps you should stay put. If you later decide to switch to Medicare drug coverage, you shouldn’t have to pay a late enrollment penalty.

Expect the cost and coverage of your Medicare plan to change each year, so compare the coverage with what you currently have to make sure you have the best coverage at the lowest cost.

Continue Learning about Medicare

What to Consider When Shopping for Medicare Coverage
Between October 15 and December 7, Medicare’s annual open enrollment period, millions of Medicare beneficiaries have a chance to make changes to their...
How much does Medigap insurance cost?
The average annual premium for the most popular type of Medigap insurance is around $2,000. However,...
How much does Medicare prescription drug coverage cost?
According to the Kaiser Family Foundation, the average monthly premium is about $40.72. But the co...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?