How much insurance coverage does Medicare provide for my family?

Unlike many health insurance plans, Medicare does not provide family coverage. If you are 65 and qualify, you are insured by Medicare as an individual. You cannot insure your children or a younger spouse through your Medicare plan. Like you, your spouse is eligible for individual Medicare coverage once he or she turns 65. 

Continue Learning about Medicare

How to Pick the Right Medicare Part D Plan for You
If you're just reaching Medicare age, you might be surprised to find out that traditional Medicare doesn't cover prescription drugs. As drug costs ros...
What are the different types of Medicare?
There are two types of Medicare: Original Medicare and Medicare Advantage. Here’s how they diffe...
Does Medicare pay for nursing home stays?
Juliet WilkinsonJuliet Wilkinson
I would like to add to the previous answers to this question in reminding about the Medicare hospice...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?