How do I make a change to my Medicare coverage?

The easiest way to make a change to your coverage is to contact the Social Security office during the coordinated election period (November 15 to December 31). 

You can change, add, or drop coverage or switch to a different Medicare plan with drug coverage. If you decide to switch plans, make sure you add the new plan before canceling the existing one to avoid gaps in coverage.

Check your Medicare handbook for specific guidelines for making changes or call the Social Security office.

Continue Learning about Medicare

How to Protect Yourself Against Common Medicare Scams
It's that time of year again when the nation's 54 million Medicare beneficiaries have the chance to swap Medicare Advantage and Part D prescription dr...
Can my 20-year-old son be added to my Medicare policy?
AARPAARP
No, he cannot be added to your Medicare, although there is a provision in the new law that allows ad...
Can I wait and sign up later for Medicare Part D when I need coverage?
You can if you want to, but keep in mind that if and when you do decide you want to sign up, you...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?