How do I make a change to my Medicare coverage?

The easiest way to make a change to your coverage is to contact the Social Security office during the coordinated election period (November 15 to December 31). 

You can change, add, or drop coverage or switch to a different Medicare plan with drug coverage. If you decide to switch plans, make sure you add the new plan before canceling the existing one to avoid gaps in coverage.

Check your Medicare handbook for specific guidelines for making changes or call the Social Security office.

Continue Learning about Medicare

How Medicare Part D Has Changed in 10 Years
Retirees gained the option to purchase prescription drug coverage through Medicare Part D in 2006. Since then, 24 million people have enrolled in pres...
What are my payment options for my Medicare premiums?
Most people do not have a premium for Medicare Part A because they have 40 quarters or more of Medic...
How was Medicare developed?
Medicare was developed from a request by Harry Truman for Congress to create a national health plan....
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?