How do I find out the status of my Medicare claim?

If you are enrolled in Original Medicare (Medicare Advantage does not have to file claims), you can find out about the status of your Medicare claim and coverage information by calling the Medicare helpline at 1-800-633-4227. You can also look at the Medicare Summary Notice (MSN) you get in the mail every three months.

If you are enrolled in Original Medicare and are unhappy or confused about the status of your claim, talk to your doctor or healthcare provider. They are the ones who file the claims for you.

Continue Learning about Medicare

What to Consider When Shopping for Medicare Coverage
Between October 15 and December 7, Medicare’s annual open enrollment period, millions of Medicare beneficiaries have a chance to make changes to their...
Does Medicare cover diabetes education?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Medicare covers diabetes education services, also known as self-management training and medical nutr...
Does Medicare cover chiropractic care?
American Chiropractic AssociationAmerican Chiropractic Association
Yes, doctors of chiropractic are defined as “physicians” in the Medicare Program (1861(r) of the Soc...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?