How do I find out the status of my Medicare claim?

If you are enrolled in Original Medicare (Medicare Advantage does not have to file claims), you can find out about the status of your Medicare claim and coverage information by calling the Medicare helpline at 1-800-633-4227. You can also look at the Medicare Summary Notice (MSN) you get in the mail every three months.

If you are enrolled in Original Medicare and are unhappy or confused about the status of your claim, talk to your doctor or healthcare provider. They are the ones who file the claims for you.

Continue Learning about Medicare

How to Pick the Right Medicare Part D Plan for You
If you're just reaching Medicare age, you might be surprised to find out that traditional Medicare doesn't cover prescription drugs. As drug costs ros...
What if I have not worked long enough to qualify for Medicare?
If you have not worked long enough to qualify for Medicare, you will need to file for Social Securit...
How will the new healthcare law affect me if I have long-term care needs?
Sharine ForbesSharine Forbes
Until recently when President Obama signed the Health Care reform into law, there was “no political ...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?