How can I find out about changes to my Medicare Advantage plan?

Every year, even before the healthcare law, insurance companies that offered Medicare Advantage plans made decisions about what they would cover and what they would charge. Each insurance company will continue to make a business decision whether to change your benefit package and costs.

As in previous years, you will receive a notice from your Medicare Advantage plan in the fall. It will tell you what changes, if any, will take place in your plan for the upcoming year. This is the time for you to review your options carefully and make the best choice to fit your needs.

If you have questions about the notice, you can contact your Medicare Advantage plan directly. You can also call 1-800-Medicare (1-800-633-4227) to speak with a representative about your options.

You can also compare your options at Medicare Plan Finder: www.medicare.gov/find-a-plan. This site shows which Medicare Advantage plans are offered in your area.

If your plan is changed or dropped, you can switch to another available Medicare Advantage plan or to Original Medicare during Medicare’s open enrollment period.

Continue Learning about Medicare

10 Things You Need to Know About Medicare
Maximizing Medicare Medicare pays for much of the cost of hospital stays and doctor’s office visits for people ages 65 and older. This 50-year-old gov...
What if I have not worked long enough to qualify for Medicare?
AARPAARP
If you are 65 or older, you can buy into Medicare by paying a premium for Part A hospital insurance....
When can I file an appeal to a Medicare claim?
If you are filing an appeal to an Original Medicare (Part A or B) claim, you must file within 120 da...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?