How can I find out about changes to my Medicare Advantage plan?

Every year, even before the healthcare law, insurance companies that offered Medicare Advantage plans made decisions about what they would cover and what they would charge. Each insurance company will continue to make a business decision whether to change your benefit package and costs.

As in previous years, you will receive a notice from your Medicare Advantage plan in the fall. It will tell you what changes, if any, will take place in your plan for the upcoming year. This is the time for you to review your options carefully and make the best choice to fit your needs.

If you have questions about the notice, you can contact your Medicare Advantage plan directly. You can also call 1-800-Medicare (1-800-633-4227) to speak with a representative about your options.

You can also compare your options at Medicare Plan Finder: www.medicare.gov/find-a-plan. This site shows which Medicare Advantage plans are offered in your area.

If your plan is changed or dropped, you can switch to another available Medicare Advantage plan or to Original Medicare during Medicare’s open enrollment period.

Continue Learning about Medicare

What to Consider When Shopping for Medicare Coverage
Between October 15 and December 7, Medicare’s annual open enrollment period, millions of Medicare beneficiaries have a chance to make changes to their...
Where can I find information on Medicare benefits for people with MS?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
Individuals disabled by multiple sclerosis (MS) are eligible to receive Medicare benefits. Medicare ...
What are my payment options for my Medicare premiums?
Most people do not have a premium for Medicare Part A because they have 40 quarters or more of Medic...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?