How do I choose a Medicare health plan?

Anne Fabiny
Geriatric Medicine
Depending on where you live, Medicare options may be overwhelming or relatively few. Before researching them, list all the prescription drugs on your Medicare card. Typically, plans will not cover every drug. Investigate options carefully. Also check to see if the pharmacies in the plan are convenient for you. The American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) recommends choosing a single permanent mailing address if the Medicare recipient spends significant time in more than one place.

Continue Learning about Medicare

What to Consider When Shopping for Medicare Coverage
Between October 15 and December 7, Medicare’s annual open enrollment period, millions of Medicare beneficiaries have a chance to make changes to their...
How do I know if I’m eligible for Medicare?
You are eligible for Medicare if you are a U.S. citizen, 65 or over who had paid into Medicare f...
Has fraud been a problem in Medicare?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
The U.S. General Accounting Office reported a loss of $12.6 billion to the Medicare program from fra...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?