How do I choose a Medicare health plan?

Anne Fabiny
Geriatric Medicine
Depending on where you live, Medicare options may be overwhelming or relatively few. Before researching them, list all the prescription drugs on your Medicare card. Typically, plans will not cover every drug. Investigate options carefully. Also check to see if the pharmacies in the plan are convenient for you. The American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) recommends choosing a single permanent mailing address if the Medicare recipient spends significant time in more than one place.

Continue Learning about Medicare

What Is Medicare? 4 Essential Questions, Answered
If you’ll soon be turning 65, you’re probably starting to think about Medicare, the federal health insurance program currently covering more than 55 m...
How can I qualify for the Medicare home care benefit?
Dr. Vincent T DeVita JrDr. Vincent T DeVita Jr
Most Americans over age 65 are eligible for the federal Medicare program. Some people under the age ...
Has fraud been a problem in Medicare?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
The U.S. General Accounting Office reported a loss of $12.6 billion to the Medicare program from fra...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?