Who can I ask about dropping my private insurance for Medicare?

Medicare and/or your insurer or benefits manager at your employer or union can answer your questions — and it doesn’t hurt to confirm answers by speaking with a second source. Never drop your private coverage without fully understanding the consequences. You may not be able to get it back! 

Continue Learning about Medicare

What Is Medicare? 4 Essential Questions, Answered
If you’ll soon be turning 65, you’re probably starting to think about Medicare, the federal health insurance program currently covering more than 55 m...
What happens to my younger spouse when I go on Medicare at age 65?
AARPAARP
The best option for your spouse, frankly, is for you to work longer—if this is at all possible—so th...
Will the cost of vasectomy reversal procedure be covered by medicare?
Peter N. Mattar, MDPeter N. Mattar, MD
The cost of vasectomy reversal is almost never covered by any insurance carrier.  Specialized Urolog...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?