Does Medicare cover dental?

In general, Medicare does not cover dental services. Medicare will not pay for cleanings, fillings, dentures, or tooth extractions. If you require dental care while in the hospital, Medicare Part A (hospital insurance) will pay for the dental procedure. In rare cases, Medicare Part B (Medicare insurance) will pay for some dental services. Also, some Part C (Medicare Advantage) plans offer some portions of dental coverage. To find out how to get dental coverage through Medicare, contact your local Medicare office or a Medicare Advantage plan provider.

Continue Learning about Medicare

A Last-Minute Guide to Shopping for Medicare
Medicare’s annual open enrollment period is about to come to a close. December 7 is your final chance to change from one Medicare Advantage or prescri...
What are my payment options for my Medicare premiums?
Most people do not have a premium for Medicare Part A because they have 40 quarters or more of Medic...
Why find out the treatments your policy considers experimental?
Before you sign up for a health insurance plan, you should ask do some research on the insurance com...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?