How much coverage does Medicare provide when I am traveling?

Medicare generally won’t cover your health care costs while you’re traveling outside the U.S. (Read the fine print in the "Important Information" section of your U.S. passport sometime. It’s actually mentioned there.) That’s why some people with Medicare decide to buy a Medigap or other supplemental policy.

Continue Learning about Medicare

What to Consider When Shopping for Medicare Coverage
Between October 15 and December 7, Medicare’s annual open enrollment period, millions of Medicare beneficiaries have a chance to make changes to their...
How do I file a Medicare claim?
If you are enrolled in Original Medicare (Medicare Advantage does not have to file claims) you can...
What is Medicare?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Medicare is a major effort by the U.S. government to provide affordable health insurance for America...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?