Can I apply online for Medicare?

You betcha! Thanks to modern technology (and going green), you can apply for Medicare online at https://secure.ssa.gov/apps6z/iClaim/rib. The online application should take less than 10 minutes.

If you’re no Bill Gates or if you prefer human contact, you can call the Social Security Administration to request an application. Just make sure you have some form of identification such as a birth certificate or driver’s license on hand.

Continue Learning about Medicare

How to Protect Yourself Against Common Medicare Scams
It's that time of year again when the nation's 54 million Medicare beneficiaries have the chance to swap Medicare Advantage and Part D prescription dr...
Who do I call for Medicare billing questions?
You can call the Medicare helpline for questions about billing. The number is 1-800-633-4227. Good l...
What is included in an annual wellness visit if I have Medicare?
AARP Health EducationAARP Health Education
Medicare now pays for an annual wellness visit and a personalized prevention plan. You will be able ...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?