Can I apply online for Medicare?

You betcha! Thanks to modern technology (and going green), you can apply for Medicare online at https://secure.ssa.gov/apps6z/iClaim/rib. The online application should take less than 10 minutes.

If you’re no Bill Gates or if you prefer human contact, you can call the Social Security Administration to request an application. Just make sure you have some form of identification such as a birth certificate or driver’s license on hand.

Continue Learning about Medicare

10 Things You Need to Know About Medicare
Maximizing Medicare Medicare pays for much of the cost of hospital stays and doctor’s office visits for people ages 65 and older. This 50-year-old gov...
Can I sign up for Medicare Part D at any time?
Not really. You can sign up for Medicare Part D (prescription drug coverage) when you first beco...
Will additional preventive services be covered by the changes to Medicare?
Yes!! The newest addition is a free, yearly “wellness” physical exam that you get in addition to y...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?