Can I apply online for Medicare?

You betcha! Thanks to modern technology (and going green), you can apply for Medicare online at https://secure.ssa.gov/apps6z/iClaim/rib. The online application should take less than 10 minutes.

If you’re no Bill Gates or if you prefer human contact, you can call the Social Security Administration to request an application. Just make sure you have some form of identification such as a birth certificate or driver’s license on hand.

Continue Learning about Medicare

A Last-Minute Guide to Shopping for Medicare
Medicare’s annual open enrollment period is about to come to a close. December 7 is your final chance to change from one Medicare Advantage or prescri...
When can I file an appeal to a Medicare claim?
If you are filing an appeal to an Original Medicare (Part A or B) claim, you must file within 120 da...
What is included in an annual wellness visit if I have Medicare?
AARP Health EducationAARP Health Education
Medicare now pays for an annual wellness visit and a personalized prevention plan. You will be able ...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?