Who can buy Medicare part A coverage?

If you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and have not worked long enough to qualify for Medicare, and can't qualify through a spouse, you may be able to buy Part A coverage.

Continue Learning about Medicare

Open Enrollment 2015: What Medicare Beneficiaries Need to Know
Medicare beneficiaries may have noticed their mailboxes are filling with brochures and packets from health insurance companies. That’s because the ope...
Can I get Medicare before age 65?
AARPAARP
Usually you must wait until you reach 65 to get Medicare. But there are some exceptions. You can bec...
Can I sign up for Medicare Part D at any time?
Not really. You can sign up for Medicare Part D (prescription drug coverage) when you first beco...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?