How can age and disability affect Medigap eligibility?

As a general rule, if you are younger than 65 and on Medicare due to disability, you are not eligible to enroll in a Medigap plan. Exceptions exist, however. Contact your state insurance department for more information.

Continue Learning about Medicare

10 Things You Need to Know About Medicare
Maximizing Medicare Medicare pays for much of the cost of hospital stays and doctor’s office visits for people ages 65 and older. This 50-year-old gov...
Will my Medicare Part D premiums increase if I earn too much money?
AARPAARP
The income levels for higher premiums start at $85,000 for a single person or $170,000 for married c...
How much does Medigap insurance cost?
The average annual premium for the most popular type of Medigap insurance is around $2,000. However,...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?