Why would I need visceral vascular testing?

Visceral vascular testing comprises tests of the renal and mesenteric arteries to examine the circulation of the deep organs such as the kidneys or digestive organs. Evaluation of the renal arteries helps predict hypertension and kidney failure. Mesenteric ultrasound can show circulatory disorders of the gut, including mesenteric ischemia, a vascular cause of unexplained weight loss and abdominal pain after eating.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Nor does the contents of this website constitute the establishment of a physician patient or therapeutic relationship. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.

Continue Learning about Tests and Procedures

Do You Really Need That Test?
Do You Really Need That Test?
If your doctor says you need a medical test, such as an MRI for non-specific lower back pain that you’ve had for less than six weeks, a blood test for...
What will my child want to know about medical procedures?
What your child wants to know will chiefly involve these concerns:What is being done?How much it wil...
How should I prepare my child for medical procedures?
Unless your child is very young, you’ll need to prepare him for whatever ongoing tests and medical p...
How Big of an Issue Are False Positives?