What will my child want to know about medical procedures?

What your child wants to know will chiefly involve these concerns:

• What is being done?
  • How much it will hurt?
  • Why it must be done?
  • Who will do it?
  • How will these people do it?
  • What equipment will be used?

From The Smart Parent's Guide: Getting Your Kids Through Checkups, Illnesses, and Accidents by Jennifer Trachtenberg.

Take the RealAge Test!

The Smart Parent's Guide: Getting Your Kids Through Checkups, Illnesses, and Accidents

What to Do When You Don't Know What to Do! "Moms and dads need expert guidelines, especially when it comes to their kids' health. This book reveals the inside strategies I use myself-I'm a parent,...

Continue Learning about Tests and Procedures

Shocking News About DIY Electro Stimulation
Nicola Duffy, from Dublin, Ireland, recorded her own close call with a bolt of lightning -- so far the video has shocked over 300,000 viewers on YouTu...
How is radiosurgery used to treat trigeminal neuralgia?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
The other main sort of treatment that we use for trigeminal neuralgia is what's called radiosurgery....
How should I prepare my child for medical procedures?
Unless your child is very young, you’ll need to prepare him for whatever ongoing tests and medical p...
How Big of an Issue Are False Positives?