What will my child want to know about medical procedures?

What your child wants to know will chiefly involve these concerns:

• What is being done?
  • How much it will hurt?
  • Why it must be done?
  • Who will do it?
  • How will these people do it?
  • What equipment will be used?

From The Smart Parent's Guide: Getting Your Kids Through Checkups, Illnesses, and Accidents by Jennifer Trachtenberg.

Take the RealAge Test!

The Smart Parent's Guide: Getting Your Kids Through Checkups, Illnesses, and Accidents

What to Do When You Don't Know What to Do! "Moms and dads need expert guidelines, especially when it comes to their kids' health. This book reveals the inside strategies I use myself-I'm a parent,...

Continue Learning about Tests and Procedures

Cut Radiation Exposure with Dual-Source CT Scanners
There are many instances in science (Masters and Johnson) and the arts (Gilbert and Sullivan, Lennon and McCartney) where two heads are better than on...
What is an enema?
An enema is a procedure in which a tube or bottle is inserted into the rectum, and liquid is instill...
What is general surgery?
Fawcett Memorial HospitalFawcett Memorial Hospital
General surgery is used for the surgical treatment of various conditions.
How Big of an Issue Are False Positives?