What is meant by specificity of a medical test?

The accuracy of a test can be measured by its specificity. The ability of a test to rule out those who do not have the disease is called specificity. It is the percentage of those without the disease who test negative. A specificity of 95% means that 95 out of 100 who do not have the disease get negative results.

Continue Learning about Medical Techniques & Procedures

What can I expect during a hydrogen breath test?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
During your hydrogen breath test, the technician will ask you to drink a sugar solution. He/she ...
What conditions can now be treated endoscopically?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Some early stage cancers and polyps that would have previously required surgical removal can now be ...
How Can My Nurse Make Injections and Blood Draws Less Painful?
How Is Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Performed?