What is meant by sensitivity of a medical test?

The accuracy of a test is evaluated by a number of factors. One is its ability to detect a high percentage of people who have the disease in question. This is called sensitivity. If a test is very sensitive, it is good at detecting the disease when it is present. A sensitivity of 95% means that it would be positive for 95 out of 100 people who had the disease.

Continue Learning about Medical Techniques & Procedures

How is magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) performed?
Beth A. Schrope, MDBeth A. Schrope, MD
The  Magnetic Resonance Cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) procedure is normally performed concurrent...
What is a spinal block?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
A spinal involves placing a small needle in the back and into the fluid surrounding the spinal cord....
How Is Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Performed?
How Can My Nurse Make Injections and Blood Draws Less Painful?