What is infraspinatus testing?

Kristofer J. Jones, MD
Orthopedic Surgery
Infraspinatus testing is performed to determine any issues with external rotation of your shoulder. Your doctor will ask you to push against him or her as they resist you during externally rotation. Any pain with that typically points to problems with the infraspinatus or teres minor muscles, which are two rotator cuff muscles at the back of the shoulder that are responsible for that motion. 

Continue Learning about Medical Techniques & Procedures

When can I go home after outpatient surgery?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
Going home after ambulatory (or outpatient) surgery will depend on the policy of the surgery center,...
What should I watch out for when giving a subcutaneous injection?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
There are three things to be careful of when you give a subcutaneous injection: Do not move the ...
How Is Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Performed?
What Is Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)?