An invasive procedure is medical procedure in which the body is "invaded" or entered by a needle, tube, device or scope. Invasive procedures can include anything from the simple needle prick for a blood test or shot, to inserting a tube, device or scope, to major surgeries.
- Q What should I do before an outpatient appointment?
- Q What is meant by specificity of a medical test?
- Q What does a CRT device do?
- Q What is an endovascular procedure?
- Q How is magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) performed?
- Q Where can I give a subcutaneous injection?