The Medicaid program can cover the cost of unpaid medical bills up to three months before you applied for assistance once you are determined eligible. Check with your state's Medicaid program about specific requirements.
- Q Should I apply for Medicaid if I have diabetes?
- Q What should I do if I can't afford my blood pressure medication?
- Q Do I need to show my Medicaid card at doctor’s visits?
- Q Do over-the-counter medications cost more in the hospital?
- Q What health services does Medicaid cover?
- Q Can I use Medicaid to see any doctor I want?