What are the vaccine coverage levels like in the United States?

Overall, in the United States, the rates of people vaccinated against measles have been very stable since the Vaccines for Children (VFC) program was introduced in 1994. In 2013, the overall national coverage for the measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine among children aged 19-35 months was 91.9%. However, MMR vaccine coverage levels continue to vary by state from 86% in some states to 96% in others. At the county or lower levels, vaccine coverage rates may vary considerably. Pockets of unvaccinated people can even exist in states with high vaccination coverage, underscoring considerable measles susceptibility at some local levels. 

Continue Learning about Measles (Rubeola)

Measles Outbreaks Should Be a Wakeup Call
For parents who haven’t gotten their kids vaccinated, here’s a wakeup call: Measles outbreaks are on the rise. In 2019, confirmed cases in the United...
How can I prevent my child from getting measles?
Individuals who are against vaccination contend that if there is an outbreak of measles in your area...
5 Must-Know Facts About the Measles
5 Must-Know Facts About the Measles5 Must-Know Facts About the Measles5 Must-Know Facts About the Measles5 Must-Know Facts About the Measles
Get the truth about the disease that’s making headlines. 
Why Is Measles Becoming More Common?
Why Is Measles Becoming More Common?