How can I manage my measles on a daily basis?

If you have measles, stay in contact with your doctor. Your doctor will want you to monitor yourself for any signs of worsening or secondary complications, like an ear infection or pneumonia. Rest at home and try to stay away from other people to prevent the spread of the virus. Drink lots of water to replace lost fluids. You may bring down your fever with acetaminophen or ibuprofen, but make sure to follow the drug's directions accordingly.

Continue Learning about Measles (Rubeola)

U.S. Narrowly Escapes Losing Measles Elimination Status
For the first time in two decades, the United States nearly lost its measles elimination status as cases of the highly contagious disease hit a 28-yea...
How is measles diagnosed?
A doctor typically diagnoses measles by looking for the characteristic symptoms of this disease, one...
5 Must-Know Facts About the Measles
5 Must-Know Facts About the Measles5 Must-Know Facts About the Measles5 Must-Know Facts About the Measles5 Must-Know Facts About the Measles
Get the truth about the disease that’s making headlines. 
Who Is at Risk for Measles?
Who Is at Risk for Measles?