How can I manage my measles on a daily basis?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

If you have measles, stay in contact with your doctor. Your doctor will want you to monitor yourself for any signs of worsening or secondary complications, like an ear infection or pneumonia. Rest at home and try to stay away from other people to prevent the spread of the virus. Drink lots of water to replace lost fluids. You may bring down your fever with acetaminophen or ibuprofen, but make sure to follow the drug's directions accordingly.

Continue Learning about Measles (Rubeola)

why are measles less common today than 50 years ago ?
Most adults born before 1957 had measles as children. They might remember being sick for a few days ...
could i still get measles if i am fully vaccinated ?
The measles vaccine is very effective—one dose is about 93% effective at preventing measles if you a...
what are the vaccine coverage levels like in the united states ?
Overall, in the United States, the rates of people vaccinated against measles have been very stable ...
how serious is measles ?
Complications from measles can be serious. They occur more commonly in children younger than 5 years...