Do I need a booster measles vaccine?

People who received two doses of the measles vaccine as children according to the U.S. vaccination schedule are considered protected for life and do not ever need a booster dose.

Adults need at least one dose of the measles vaccine, unless they have evidence of immunity. Adults who are going to be in a setting that poses a high risk for measles transmission, including students at post-high school education institutions, healthcare personnel and international travelers, should make sure they have had two doses separated by at least 28 days.

If you’re not sure whether you were vaccinated, talk with your doctor. 

Continue Learning about Measles (Rubeola)

U.S. Narrowly Escapes Losing Measles Elimination Status
For the first time in two decades, the United States nearly lost its measles elimination status as cases of the highly contagious disease hit a 28-yea...
Should I be concerned about measles if I live in the United States?
Since measles is still common in many countries, this disease will continue to be brought into the U...
5 Must-Know Facts About the Measles
5 Must-Know Facts About the Measles5 Must-Know Facts About the Measles5 Must-Know Facts About the Measles5 Must-Know Facts About the Measles
Get the truth about the disease that’s making headlines. 
Why Is Measles Becoming More Common?
Why Is Measles Becoming More Common?