Do I need a booster measles vaccine?

People who received two doses of the measles vaccine as children according to the U.S. vaccination schedule are considered protected for life and do not ever need a booster dose.

Adults need at least one dose of the measles vaccine, unless they have evidence of immunity. Adults who are going to be in a setting that poses a high risk for measles transmission, including students at post-high school education institutions, healthcare personnel and international travelers, should make sure they have had two doses separated by at least 28 days.

If you’re not sure whether you were vaccinated, talk with your doctor. 

Continue Learning about Measles (Rubeola)

Measles Vaccination Cheat Sheet
Measles Vaccination Cheat Sheet
The recent measles outbreak has focused mainly on infants and children—and rightly so, since they’re the most vulnerable to the infection. But many ad...
How serious is measles?
Complications from measles can be serious. They occur more commonly in children younger than 5 years...
5 Must-Know Facts About the Measles
5 Must-Know Facts About the Measles5 Must-Know Facts About the Measles5 Must-Know Facts About the Measles5 Must-Know Facts About the Measles
Get the truth about the disease that’s making headlines. 
How Can I Prevent My Child from Getting Measles?