Does when I eat have an effect on weight loss or gain?

Meal timing can be a very important factor in not only losing weight, but also in improving overall health and energy levels.

In America we have our meal structure backwards. People will often skip breakfast or have a bowl of cereal, then have a more hefty lunch followed by a large dinner and often evening snacks. Knowing that food is a source of energy, wouldn't it make more sense to eat our larger portions earlier in the day?

By starting your day off with a hearty breakfast balanced in protein, carbohydrates and healthy fats, you will experience improved energy levels and better mental clarity. Oh, and let's not forget that being nutritionally satisfied will make it much easier to say "no" to the office donuts!

Then have a well rounded lunch and an afternoon snack. By the time dinner rolls around you should be hungry, but not ravenous. This will enable you to eat a lighter dinner, allowing your food to properly digest, leading to better sleep.

If you need help learning how to time your meals for weight loss, do not hesitate to contact me!

Eat Breakfast like a King, Lunch like a Price and Dinner like a Pauper.

Continue Learning about Meal Planning and Weight Loss

What breakfast food habits will help me lose weight?
Laura Motosko, MSEd, RDLaura Motosko, MSEd, RD
Simply eating breakfast is a great way to lose weight. Choose a balanced breakfast with some fat, pr...
Why should I avoid going to the grocery store when I am hungry?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
If you go to the grocery store hungry, you may be lured into buying something you don’t really need ...
Why Shouldn't I Go to the Grocery Store Hungry?
Why Should I Eat Bigger Meals Early in the Day?