What should I do if I overeat while I am trying to lose weight?

Manuel Villacorta
Because your body works on a weekly average -- not daily -- your weight will not change due to one day of overeating. So if you do stray from your weight loss program, follow these simple steps to get back on track.
  • Go back to your normal, healthy eating plan and start recording your foods again so you can easily get back on track.
  • You do not need to undereat the next day. If you undereat, it may backfire by causing you to overeat later due to hunger.
Eating Free: The Carb-Friendly Way to Lose Inches, Embrace Your Hunger, and Keep Weight Off for Good

Eating Free reveals why the prevailing wisdom on weight loss--low-calorie, no carbs, high-intensity exercise--sharply clashes with the facts of human biology and human nature, setting dieters up for...

Continue Learning about Meal Planning and Weight Loss

How can I make healthy meals in stressful times?
Academy of Nutrition and DieteticsAcademy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Stressful situations can lead to unhealthy eating. Easy meal planning can make any day, a stress...
How can eating a treat at breakfast help me lose weight?
Dr. Rovenia Brock, PhDDr. Rovenia Brock, PhD
Before you go on a doughnut run, allow me to explain. By eating a high-protein breakfast that in...
Why Should I Eat Bigger Meals Early in the Day?
What is the Best Time of Day to go Grocery Shopping?