What should I do if I overeat while I am trying to lose weight?

Manuel Villacorta
Because your body works on a weekly average -- not daily -- your weight will not change due to one day of overeating. So if you do stray from your weight loss program, follow these simple steps to get back on track.
  • Go back to your normal, healthy eating plan and start recording your foods again so you can easily get back on track.
  • You do not need to undereat the next day. If you undereat, it may backfire by causing you to overeat later due to hunger.
Eating Free: The Carb-Friendly Way to Lose Inches, Embrace Your Hunger, and Keep Weight Off for Good

Eating Free reveals why the prevailing wisdom on weight loss--low-calorie, no carbs, high-intensity exercise--sharply clashes with the facts of human biology and human nature, setting dieters up for...

Continue Learning about Meal Planning and Weight Loss

how can eating on a regular schedule help me lose weight ?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
Eat on a schedule, lose weight. So say researchers who found that mice on a regular eating schedule ...
how can i make healthy meals in stressful times ?
Toby SmithsonToby Smithson
The average amount of time people have time to prepare a meal is 15 minutes. Often healthy eating an...
how can i find time for breakfast if i am trying to lose weight ?
Manuel VillacortaManuel Villacorta
Make sure you eat breakfast every day. And if you just wake up and hope you make time for it, guess ...
a mealtime trick to stop overeating
a mealtime trick to stop overeating