How should I eat during a vacation if I want to lose weight?

Manuel Villacorta
I really only have one rule regarding vacation eating: Enjoy your vacation. A week or two eating off your diet plan will not set you back. Eat with elegance and watch your portions. You'll note that many other countries have smart portion sizes, as they don't place the same value on things oversized or supersized like we do in the United States.
Eating Free: The Carb-Friendly Way to Lose Inches, Embrace Your Hunger, and Keep Weight Off for Good

Eating Free reveals why the prevailing wisdom on weight loss--low-calorie, no carbs, high-intensity exercise--sharply clashes with the facts of human biology and human nature, setting dieters up for...
Dolvett Quince
Fitness
Even when on vacation, you can still make good choices as long as you know what to choose.
In the morning, choose scrambled egg whites, bran cereal or oatmeal. And in the afternoon when everyone else orders a burger for lunch, choose to have the ground beef or turkey in a bowl with brown rice and veggies instead of on a bun.
Remember – you’re not required to eat clean the entire time you’re at play, but you’ve got to earn the days you cheat by making good choices!

The 3-1-2-1 Diet: Eat and Cheat Your Way to Weight Loss--up to 10 Pounds in 21 Days

Continue Learning about Meal Planning and Weight Loss

Can eating more of certain foods help me lose weight?
Linda Pugliese Linda Pugliese
There are no "magic" foods to help you lose weight. When one wants to lose weight it is important to...
How can I make healthy meals in stressful times?
Academy of Nutrition and DieteticsAcademy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Stressful situations can lead to unhealthy eating. Easy meal planning can make any day, a stress...
To Lose Weight, Use Smart Timing for Your Meals
4 Tips for Smarter Grocery Shopping to Lose Weight