What should I know before I try craniosacral therapy?

Craniosacral therapy has not yet been proven to treat any condition, although it is still under study and has shown some promise, especially in pain relief. However, because of its massage and manipulation of the head and neck area it is not recommended for toddlers or babies, anyone recovering from head or neck injuries or diseases, or those with clotting or blood vessel disorders. Craniosacral therapy should not take the place of standard medical care, and you should let your doctor know you are thinking of trying it. 

Continue Learning about Massage Therapy

How can massage help relieve stress and pain?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Today we have come a long way in understanding the importance of healing touch. For instance, re...
How do I give myself a targeted massage for neck and back pain?
Gerald M. SilvermanGerald M. Silverman
Targeted massage is an essential ingredient in the successful treatment of muscular neck and bac...
What are the advantages of using massage to treat pain?
Gerald M. SilvermanGerald M. Silverman
The ability of targeted tissue massage as a therapy to disrupt adhesions, relax muscle spasm, in...
How Do I Foam Roll My Hamstrings?
How Do I Foam Roll My Hamstrings?