How do I foam roll my glutes (piriformis)?

Sit on top of a foam roll with the foam roll placed directly on the back of the hip.  Cross one leg over the other, placing your foot onto the opposite knee.  Slowly roll the back of the hip, applying prolonged pressure on tender spots for roughly 30 seconds.

Continue Learning about Massage Therapy

Massage Therapy

Massage is often used as an adjunct therapy for a number of conditions, including back pain and chemotherapy. It has been shown to be an effective means to relieve stress. Massage can be an important part of sports medicine as it ...

helps to improve circulation and alleviate muscle cramping. Specific techniques for self massage may help with tired eyes, neck and even hands. Therapeutic massage from a competent therapist is sometimes combined with chiropractic care. Take care when selecting a massage therapist, as the adult entertainment industry is well known for non-therapeutic massageit's important to draw the distinction if seeking healthcare-related work.