How can massage therapy help promote quality sleep?

Ben Kaminsky
Dermatology
Getting regular massages helps to increase relaxation, which can help to calm anxiety and improve sleep problems. In fact, some studies have shown that the brain boosts the production of endorphins, chemicals that regulate the activity of a group of nerve cells in the brain that relax muscles, dull pain, and reduce panic and anxiety. Massage therapy may also trigger serotonin, a brain chemical that generates calm and serene feelings. It makes sense that when stress is alleviated, peaceful sleep comes.
Beyond Botox: 7 Strategies for Sexy, Ageless Skin Without Needles or Surgery

Sexy and ageless skin is possible for a woman at any age--and she doesn't have to resort to invasive treatments like Botox to get it-as long as she cares for her skin properly, says Ben Kaminsky,...

Continue Learning about Massage Therapy

How do I foam roll the front of my thigh?
Lie on your stomach with a foam roll placed under the front of your thigh.  Support your upper body ...
What are the benefits of warm oil massage?
Kulreet Chaudhary, MDKulreet Chaudhary, MD
We tend to think of only getting massages from a therapist on special occasions. But you can treat y...
How Does Targeted Massage Treat Muscle Pain?
What Is a Foam Roller?
What Is a Foam Roller?