In order to improve your MMA fighting shot speed, perform the sport loading drill. After completing your foam rolling and dynamic warm-up, attach some resistance tubing to a solid post. Once you have secured a sturdy and safe location, place a standard weight belt through the handles of the tubing, and snuggly and securely put the belt around your waist so that the resistance is pulling from behind. Walk forward until a significant amount of tension is felt tugging you slightly backwards. Assume a wrestler's shot position, and shoot forward explosively for the desired amount of steps. In order to have this drill translate better to the mat, have a partner stand as your opponent. You can then take your shot, explosively driving your partner to the mat. Be as creative as possible and try various angles as well as real fight situations.
- Q What is the difference between strength and power?
- Q What are the possible benefits of Judo?
- Q Can balance training help my punching power?
- Q Will strengthening my legs help increase my leg power?
- Q What is capoeira?
- Q What are some stretches I can do for my shoulders?