What is the difference between strength and power?

Simply stated, strength is movement of weight, and power is how quickly that weight is moved. Both are equally important for combat sports. 

Continue Learning about Martial Arts & Combat Sports

Cut Combat Sports for Youth, Says AMA
Cut Combat Sports for Youth, Says AMA
At the beginning of the 1982 film Rocky III, Sylvester Stallone (Rocky) steps into the ring with Hulk Hogan (Thunderlips). The boxing and wrestling ch...
How often should I perform metabolic training for MMA?
It is recommended that an athlete migrate in and out of the metabolic and power phases of training. ...
What core exercises should I do for combat sports?
Begin with a basic crunch with a medicine ball, followed immediately by a TRX roll-out (suspension s...
What can I do to increase hip mobility for fights?
The hip escape drill can be a great way to enhance hip mobility, incorporate fighting strategy i...