Does watching fight video actually help?

Watching and studying fight video of yourself, your opponent, or even someone you aspire to emulate is a completely individual decision. Participate in anything you feel is necessary in order to mentally and physically prepare for combat. Studying video may be a great way to acknowledge your own strengths and weaknesses, as well as your opponents. Understanding these variables may make it easier to correct any skill issues that are present.

Continue Learning about Martial Arts & Combat Sports

Cut Combat Sports for Youth, Says AMA
Cut Combat Sports for Youth, Says AMA
At the beginning of the 1982 film Rocky III, Sylvester Stallone (Rocky) steps into the ring with Hulk Hogan (Thunderlips). The boxing and wrestling ch...
What is multiplanar or “3D” movement?
The human body was designed to produce force, reduce force, and dynamically stabilize the whole ...
Will circuit training help my endurance for fights?
Scott Ramsdell Scott Ramsdell
Yes, circuit training will help to build endurance. If done correctly a properly designed circuit ca...
Will running long distances help my cardio for fights?
Scott Ramsdell Scott Ramsdell
Running long distances for MMA can help develop a "base of cardio" and can assist in weight loss. Ho...