What type of performance program should I use for combat sports?

The optimal performance program for combat sports should include core and balance training, plyometrics, resistance training, and cardiorespiratory training. Each of these components will condition your body to increase endurance, strength and power. It is important to participate in a program that is specific to your needs and goals.

Continue Learning about Martial Arts & Combat Sports

Cut Combat Sports for Youth, Says AMA
Cut Combat Sports for Youth, Says AMA
At the beginning of the 1982 film Rocky III, Sylvester Stallone (Rocky) steps into the ring with Hulk Hogan (Thunderlips). The boxing and wrestling ch...
Should I focus on strength or power for combat sports?
Both go hand in hand for a fighter and a program should encompass both strength and power traini...
What is capoeira?
Capoeira is a martial arts form that can help people kick their way to fitness. Watch this video...
What drill will help my knee explosiveness in a fight?
Whether throwing knees from the front or the side, muay thai style fighting often displays some ...