How often should I perform metabolic training for MMA?

It is recommended that an athlete migrate in and out of the metabolic and power phases of training. For example, after you progress from two weeks of endurance training and four to six weeks of maximum strength and power training, regress back into a week or so of endurance training. Moving in and out of the high intensity phases will not only greatly reduce your risk of injury, it will leave you feeling stronger and healthier for your next bout. For combat sports, your metabolic training should be implemented with great care.

Continue Learning about Martial Arts & Combat Sports

what drill will help my shot speed in mma fighting ?
In order to improve your MMA fighting shot speed, perform the sport loading drill. After completing ...
what core exercises should i do for combat sports ?
Begin with a basic crunch with a medicine ball, followed immediately by a TRX roll-out (suspension s...
are there any drills that will improve all of my karate skills ?
The combative art of karate involves many hours of selfless training as well as discipline. Ther...
how can i improve punching speed and power ?
Pair a stable strength exercise with a quick, explosive power exercise in a superset to best make ga...