How often should I perform metabolic training for MMA?

It is recommended that an athlete migrate in and out of the metabolic and power phases of training. For example, after you progress from two weeks of endurance training and four to six weeks of maximum strength and power training, regress back into a week or so of endurance training. Moving in and out of the high intensity phases will not only greatly reduce your risk of injury, it will leave you feeling stronger and healthier for your next bout. For combat sports, your metabolic training should be implemented with great care.

Continue Learning about Martial Arts & Combat Sports

Cut Combat Sports for Youth, Says AMA
Cut Combat Sports for Youth, Says AMA
At the beginning of the 1982 film Rocky III, Sylvester Stallone (Rocky) steps into the ring with Hulk Hogan (Thunderlips). The boxing and wrestling ch...
What core exercises should I do for combat sports?
Begin with a basic crunch with a medicine ball, followed immediately by a TRX roll-out (suspension s...
What is the best way to improve my fighting footwork?
Improve your footwork for fights by performing speed, agility, and quickness (SAQ) drills using vari...
Will foam rolling help my shot flexibility in combat sports?
Not only will foam rolling help your shot flexibility, it may allow you to generate increased leve...