How is martial arts a good workout for kids and adults?

Martial arts is a great mental and physical workout. In this video, Dr. Oz watches in awe as a real Karate Kid demonstrates his martial arts skills in this video.

Some forms of martial arts can be a good form of exercise for both children and adults.  Martial arts can help increase body flexibility, muscle strength and improve cardiovascular health.  Popular forms of martial arts include karate, kung fu, and Thai kick boxing.

Continue Learning about Martial Arts & Combat Sports

Cut Combat Sports for Youth, Says AMA
Cut Combat Sports for Youth, Says AMA
At the beginning of the 1982 film Rocky III, Sylvester Stallone (Rocky) steps into the ring with Hulk Hogan (Thunderlips). The boxing and wrestling ch...
What is the best way to improve my fighting footwork?
Improve your footwork for fights by performing speed, agility, and quickness (SAQ) drills using vari...
What are the most important tests for combat sports?
Assessing an athlete’s natural and habitual movement patterns are the most important tests to be per...
Will foam rolling help my shot flexibility in combat sports?
Not only will foam rolling help your shot flexibility, it may allow you to generate increased leve...