How do I get explosive speed midway during my shot?

Explosive speed and power must be attained at the initiation of your shot, not just midway. Practice the skill of shooting while having active resistance against the chest or waist. With a standard weight belt, attach some resistance tubing through the belt and attach it to a solid object such as a post or door jam. Begin performing the shoot with the new resistance for three to four sets of 60 seconds. Loading yourself from behind will force the muscles of the torso as well as the lower extremity to contract quickly and forcefully helping you attain the improved speed and power that will help you win the takedown.

Continue Learning about Martial Arts & Combat Sports

Cut Combat Sports for Youth, Says AMA
Cut Combat Sports for Youth, Says AMA
At the beginning of the 1982 film Rocky III, Sylvester Stallone (Rocky) steps into the ring with Hulk Hogan (Thunderlips). The boxing and wrestling ch...
What is multiplanar or “3D” movement?
The human body was designed to produce force, reduce force, and dynamically stabilize the whole ...
How do I optimize training for combat sports?
The best program to enhance your combat readiness should include core and balance training, plyometr...
What can I do to help improve my speed for a take-down during fights?
Try practicing take-downs with some resistance tubing attached to your waist and/or shoulders to...