Will foam rolling help my fight performance?

Foam rolling is very beneficial for combat sport performance. Applying pressure to your tight or knotted areas will allow the muscles to regain their normal lengths resulting in less hot spots, tightness, and discomfort. Once the muscles are loosened up they are able to move more freely, resulting in optimum movement performance. It is suggest that you foam roll areas of tightness or soreness prior to warming up before and after practice.

Absolutely! It will increase your flexibility greatly as well as performance. Reach will increase, as will striking will be greatly improved and kicks will be much higher.

Continue Learning about Martial Arts & Combat Sports

Cut Combat Sports for Youth, Says AMA
Cut Combat Sports for Youth, Says AMA
At the beginning of the 1982 film Rocky III, Sylvester Stallone (Rocky) steps into the ring with Hulk Hogan (Thunderlips). The boxing and wrestling ch...
Will circuit training help my endurance for fights?
Circuit training is a great tool to implement into your performance program for several reasons....
Should I stretch before or after combat training?
Foam rolling should be performed prior to practice and your performance program to soften up tig...
What are the most important tests for combat sports?
Assessing an athlete’s natural and habitual movement patterns are the most important tests to be per...