Can balance training help my punching power?

Yes, because without balance you cannot produce strength, and without strength you cannot produce power. Include balance training throughout all phases of your training. This will not only help you harness and produce maximum power outputs, it will enhance your body’s ability to stabilize the hips and torso during the dynamic demands of boxing.

Yes, because balance originates from your center of mass, your core which stabilizes your body and transfers forces from the lower body to the upper body. Balance training will help you develop a strong stable core to generate power to your extremities. Movements become more efficient. Combine that with strength training and plyometrics and you may be looking at explosive punching power.

You’re truly only as strong as your core and balance training will help you achieve a strong core.

Absolutely, you must have a strong stable base to produce force from and incorporating some balance training into your program is a great way to achieve this. Think of the old saying "You can't shoot a cannon from a row boat". 
Balance and overall body control will definitely help your punching power. When your body is aligned and balanced you will be able to execute your punch properly and generate force.
Great question. Yes, balance training can help punching power along with skills (sports-specific) and resistance training. You can utilize the Bosu, Bongo Board and Yoga for Athletes to improve your balance. I hope this helps and have fun!

Continue Learning about Martial Arts & Combat Sports

Cut Combat Sports for Youth, Says AMA
Cut Combat Sports for Youth, Says AMA
At the beginning of the 1982 film Rocky III, Sylvester Stallone (Rocky) steps into the ring with Hulk Hogan (Thunderlips). The boxing and wrestling ch...
How important is cardio conditioning for combat sports?
Combat sports are extremely physical and cardio conditioning is very important.  One of the benefits...
Will circuit training help my endurance for fights?
Circuit training is a great tool to implement into your performance program for several reasons....
What is the difference between strength and power?
Simply stated, strength is movement of weight, and power is how quickly that weight is moved. Bo...