What are the disadvantages of having access to my health records?

There generally are no disadvantages to having access to your health records; however, it may be difficult or challenging for some people to understand and interpret the information contained in medical records. Patients are strongly encouraged to use this as an opportunity to open a conversation with their healthcare provider to gain a better understanding of the content in their health records and what it means for their health.

Continue Learning about Managing Your Medical Records

5 Facts About Electronic Health Records
5 Facts About Electronic Health Records
In the past, your health history was tracked on paper only, but that's no longer the case. Doctors and hospitals across the country are making things ...
How can health information technology (health IT) reduce unnecessary tests?
ONC Consumer eHealth & Blue ButtonONC Consumer eHealth & Blue Button
Health information techncology (health IT) can help reduce  unnecessary tests. Doctors sometimes ord...
How safe are electronic health records (EHRs)?
Any health record -- paper-based or electronic -- is only as good as the information it contains and...
What Are Some Body Numbers I Should Know About Myself?