Do I have the right to see my child's health record?

In general, parents do have access to their minor children’s health records. There are three circumstances where parents do not have access:
  • when the minor is the one who consents to care and the consent of the parent is not required under law
  • if the minor obtains care at the guidance of a court or person appointed by court
  • when a parent agrees that the minor and healthcare provider have a confidential relationship
However, access to parents may be permitted in these circumstances if permitted by state or other applicable laws.

See more at: http://myphr.com/resources/faqs.aspx

Continue Learning about Managing Your Medical Records

How to Protect Yourself from Medical Records Glitches
As more providers start using electronic health records (EHRs), the dream is that it'll be easier for everyone to work together and share information—...
What medical information should I always keep with me?
 Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD
Always carry the following medical information with you: pocket medication card with current medic...
What diseases should I look for in my family health history?
It is important to have a thorough understanding of your family's health background. All diseases ar...
What Are Some Body Numbers I Should Know About Myself?