Do I have the right to see my child's health record?
In general, parents do have access to their minor children’s health records. There are three circumstances where parents do not have access:
  • when the minor is the one who consents to care and the consent of the parent is not required under law
  • if the minor obtains care at the guidance of a court or person appointed by court
  • when a parent agrees that the minor and healthcare provider have a confidential relationship
However, access to parents may be permitted in these circumstances if permitted by state or other applicable laws.

See more at: http://myphr.com/resources/faqs.aspx

Continue Learning about Managing Your Medical Records